Ubuhlungu-benyoka: 1 definition
Ubuhlungu-benyoka means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Ubuhlungu-benyoka in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Acokanthera oblongifolia in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Carissa spectabilis (Sond.) Pichon (among others).
2) Ubuhlungu-benyoka is also identified with Acokanthera oppositifolia It has the synonym Toxicophlaea thunbergii Harv. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Revisio Generum Plantarum (1891)
· Planta Medica (1973)
· Tableau Encyclopédique et Méthodique … Botanique (1794)
· A General History of the Dichlamydeous Plants (1837)
· Bothalia (1961)
· Planta Medica (1974)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Ubuhlungu-benyoka, for example side effects, health benefits, chemical composition, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Partial matches: Ubuhlungu.
No search results for Ubuhlungu-benyoka; (plurals include: benyokas) in any book or story.