Ubuhlungu: 1 definition
Ubuhlungu means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Ubuhlungu in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Acokanthera oblongifolia in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Jasminonerium oblongifolium (Hochst.) Kuntze (among others).
2) Ubuhlungu is also identified with Acokanthera oppositifolia It has the synonym Toxicophlaea cestroides A. DC. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Gen. Pl. (1876)
· Botanical Magazine (6359)
· Baileya (1959)
· Revisio Generum Plantarum (1891)
· Mémoires du Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle (1948)
· London Journal of Botany (1842)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Ubuhlungu, for example diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, health benefits, extract dosage, chemical composition, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Ubuhlungu; (plurals include: Ubuhlungus) in any book or story.