Truitjie-roer-my-nie: 1 definition
Truitjie-roer-my-nie means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Truitjie-roer-my-nie in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Clerodendrum glabrum in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Amerina triphylla (Hochst.) A. DC. (among others).
2) Truitjie-roer-my-nie is also identified with Melianthus major.
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Mem. Soc. Brot. (1998)
· Commentariorum de Plantis Africae Australioris (1837)
· Botanische Jahrbücher für Systematik, Pflanzengeschichte und Pflanzengeographie (1900)
· Catalogue of the African Plants collected by Dr. F. Welwitsch in 1853–61 (1853)
· Bothalia (1927)
· Phytochemistry (1976)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Truitjie-roer-my-nie, for example extract dosage, pregnancy safety, diet and recipes, side effects, health benefits, chemical composition, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Truitjie-roer-my-nie; (plurals include: nies) in any book or story.