Truṭi, aka: Truti; 2 Definition(s)
Truṭi means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Truṭi can be transliterated into English as Truti, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Truṭi (त्रुटि).—A Śakti resident of Ṣoḍaśapatrābja.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 32. 14.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Rasaśāstra (chemistry and alchemy)
Truṭi (त्रुटि):—Sanskrit word for a unit of measurement of weight, according to the Rasa-darpaṇa (Sanskrit work on rasaśāstra, or Medical Alchemy). Six aṇus constitute one truṭi, and six truṭis constitute one likṣā.Source: Wisdom Library: Rasa-śāstra
about this context:
Rasaśāstra (रसशास्त्र, rasa-shastra) is an important branch of Āyurveda, specialising in chemical interactions with herbs, metals and minerals. Some texts combine yogic and tantric practices with various alchemical operations. The ultimate goal of Rasaśāstra is not only to preserve and prolong life, but also to bestow wealth upon humankind.
Search found 1 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Aṇu (अणु) is a Sanskrit word referring to Panicum miliaceum (common millet). It is a type of...
Search found 7 books containing Truṭi or Truti. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.7.133
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.6.105
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section XXV
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 2.101
- · The Markandeya Purana > Eulogy of Agni and fire
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Symptoms and Treatment of Cough (Kasa)
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Different names of the Ayurvedic Drugs
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.