Sutāra, aka: Sutara, Sutārā; 1 Definition(s)
Sutāra means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Sutāra can be transliterated into English as Sutara, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
1a) Sutāra (सुतार).—An Yakṣa gaṇa.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 69. 39.
1b) (sutara)—a gaṇa of the 4th Sāvarṇa Manu of 10 gods.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 1. 84, 89.
2) Sutārā (सुतारा).—A daughter of Upamadgu (Cal. Edṇ. and Wilson-sister).*
- * Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 14. 9.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 14 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Śubhā (शुभा).—Name of a river originating from Vindhya, a holy mountains (kulaparvata)...
1) Dundubhi (दुन्दुभि).—One of the seven sons of Dyutimān, who was a son of Priyavrata...
Varṣa (वर्ष) is the name of one of the two sons of Saṅkarasvāmin, a Brāhman from in the city...
1a) Kavi (कवि).—A son of Kṛṣṇa and Kālindī.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa X. 61. 14; 90. 34.1b) A so...
1a) Divya (दिव्य).—A son of Sātvata.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 24. 6; Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. ...
Upamadgu (उपमद्गु).—A brother of Akrūra; father of a number of sons and a daughter Sutārā...
Dyutimān (द्युतिमान्).—One of the ten sons of Priyavrata, who was a son of Svāyambhuva...
Śatarūpā (शतरूपा).—The wife of Svāyambhuva Manu and mother of Devahūti.
Kṛtaprāpti (कृतप्राप्ति).—A god of Sutāra group.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 1. 90.
1a) Havi (हवि).—A god of Sutārā group.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 1. 90.1b) A son of Cākṣuṣa ...
1a) Ketumat (केतुमत्).—A son of Ambarīṣa.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 6. 1.1b) The son of Dhan...
Añjiṣṭha (अञ्जिष्ठ).—A god of the Sutāra group.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 1. 89.
1a) Varcasvī (वर्चस्वी).—A god of Sutāra group.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 1. 89.1b) One of t...
1a) Ṛcīka (ऋचीक).—The son of Nāhuṣi (Aurva) and father of Jamadagni by Satyavatī; the sag...
Search found 5 books containing Sutāra, Sutara or Sutārā. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 10: Suvidhi’s messenger-deities (śāsanadevatās)
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Introduction to volume 3
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Anamitra and Andhaka
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 5: Kalpasthana > Description of Jangama (animal) poisons
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Poison-Damsels
» Click here to see all 5 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.