Supratīka, aka: Supratika; 5 Definition(s)
1a) Supratīka (सुप्रतीक).—A son of Pratikāśva (Pratitāśva, Viṣṇu-purāṇa) and father of Marudeva.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 12. 12; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 22. 4.
1b) The name of the elephant which Bhagadatta got from Kṛṣṇa.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa X. 59. 37; Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 7. 328.
1d) A Vāhlika King; 30 years.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 99. 373.
1f) A son of Bhadra.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 69. 213.
Supratīka (सुप्रतीक).—The name of King Bhagadatta’s elephant that was very formidable during the battle of Kurukṣetra. He was killed by Arjuna.
Supratīka (सुप्रतीक):—Son of Pratīkāśva (son of Bhānumān). He will be born in the future and become a king. He will have a son called Marudeva. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.12.11-12)
Supratika (सुप्रतिक): Name of King Bhagadatta's elephant.
Bhadra (भद्र).—A type of aṅgavibhakti (‘indendations’ in a wall line);&mda...
Vararuci (वररुचि) is the name of an incarnation of Puṣpadanta, a subordinate of Śiva who was...
1a) Bhagadatta (भगदत्त).—Was presented with an elephant (of the Airāvata breed) Supratīka...
Pratikāśva (प्रतिकाश्व).—The son of Bhānumat and father of Supratīka.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa ...
Sampati, (saṃ+paṭi; cp. Sk. samprati) now Miln. 87; sampatijāta, just born D. II, 15=M. III, ...
Pṛthu (पृथु):—Son of Anenā (son of Purañjaya). He had a son named Viśvagandhi. (see Bh...
Sthūlaśiras (स्थूलशिरस्) is the name of a rākṣasa and friend of Supratīka, who was a yakṣa a...
Puṣpadanta (पुष्पदन्त) is the name of a subordinate of Śiva, who overheard him narrating the...
Dīrghajaṅgha (दीर्घजङ्घ) is the name of the brother of Supratīka, a yakṣa who was cursed to ...
Marudeva (मरुदेव):—Son of Supratīka (son of Pratīkāśva). He will be born in the future...
Kāṇabhūti (काणभूति) is the name of a piśāca residing in the Vindhya forest. In a previous li...
1a) Sunakṣatra (सुनक्षत्र).—A son of Manudeva and father of Puṣkara (Kinnara, Viṣṇu-purāṇ...
Rumaṇvat (रुमण्वत्) is the son of Supratīka, who was the commander-in-chief of King Śatānīka...
Pratītāśva (प्रतीताश्व).—The son of Bhānuratha;1 father of Supratīka.21) Vāyu-purāṇa 99....
Mālyavān (माल्यवान्) is the name of a gaṇa, who was together with Puṣpadanta (a subordinate ...
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Eighth Day at Kurukshetra; Iravan is Slain
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Chapter I
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Chapter IX
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 803-900
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Fifth and Sixth Days of the Great Battle
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > Terminal essay
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section I
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.