Supārśva, aka: Suparshva; 3 Definition(s)
Supārśva (सुपार्श्व):—The seventh Tīrthaṅkara (Janism recognizer 24 such teachers or Siddhas). His colour is green (harita), according to Aparājitapṛcchā (221.5-7). His height is 200 dhanuṣa (a single dhanuṣa (or, ‘bow’) equals 6 ft), thus, roughly corresponding to 366 meters. His emblem, or symbol, is a Svastika. He is also known as Supārśvanātha
Supārśva (सुपार्श्व):—Son of Dṛḍhanemi (son of Satyadhṛti). He had a son called Sumati. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.21.27-29)
1a) Sumati (सुमति).—A son of Bharata, whom he succeeded. Elevated as a deity by Pākhaṇḍas...
Dṛḍhanemi (दृढनेमि).—A son of Satyadhṛti and father of Supārśva (Sudharma, Matsya-purāṇa)...
1a) Śrutāyu (श्रुतायु).—A son of Ariṣṭanemi and father of Supārśva(ka).** Bhāgavata-purāṇ...
Uttarakuru (उत्तरकुरु).—Traversed by the river Bhadrā; a continent adjoining Meru, in the...
1a) Kāśya (काश्य).—A son of Suhotra, and father of Kāśī.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 17. 3-4.1...
Ilāvṛtavarṣa (इलावृतवर्ष).—The original name of this earth planet, before it became kn...
1a) Meru (मेरु).—(Mt.) the hill that stands in the middle of Ilāvṛta, equal in height to ...
Sannatimān (सन्नतिमान्).—A son of Sumati.** Vāyu-purāṇa 99. 189.
Nārāyaṇī was the mother of Śrī Vṛndāvana dāsa Ṭhākura. She lived on the island called Modadr...
kasmā : (ind.) why.
1) Kṛti (कृति):—Son of Bahulāśva (son of Dhṛti, who was a son of Vītahavya, who was a ...
Viṣkambhaparvata (विष्कम्भपर्वत).—Hills round about Meru; these are Mandara, Gandhamādhan...
Samba (संब): A Yadava youngster dressed as a woman who gave birth to a mace, as foretold by ris...
- · The Markandeya Purana > The description of Jambu-dvīpa
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of royal princes (solar race)
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of the race of puru
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Sacrifice if Nimi, origin of Sita and story of Kushadhvaja's race
- · The Markandeya Purana > The Descent of the Ganges
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Some Geography
- · The Markandeya Purana > The Birth of the Sparrows
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the rivers and the mountains Sumeru and others
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Puru
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Description of the earth (the seven Dvipas and seven seas)
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 901-1000
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with S
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the birth of Gaurī, the seats of the Deity, and the distraction of Śiva
- · List of Mahabharata tribes > Tribes With unclear Position
» Click here to see all 14 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.