Suhotra, 2 Definition(s)
1) Suhotra (सुहोत्र):—Son of Kṣatravṛddha (son of Āyu). He had three sons named Kāśya, Kuśa and Gṛtsamada (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.17.1-3)
2) Suhotra (सुहोत्र):—Son of Sudhanu (one of the four sons of Kuru, king of Kurukṣetra). He had a son named Cyavana. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.22.4-5)
3) Suhotra (सुहोत्र):—Son of Sahadeva (one of the sons of Pāṇḍu) and his wife Vijayā. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.22.30-31)
Vijayā (विजया) is the name of a mind-born ‘divine mother’ (mātṛ), created for th...
1) Sahadeva (सहदेव).—Nakula’s twin, and the fifth of the sons of Pāṇḍu, and youn...
1a) Kuśa (कुश).—A son of Rāma, born in Vālmikī's āśrama and brought up by the sage. Fathe...
Pārvatī (पार्वती) is the beloved of Maheśvara, who is mentioned as the “chief of thing...
1a) Kaśyapa (कश्यप).—(savituḥ vidvān, Mārīci) son of Marīci and Kalā, and husband of Diti...
Sañjaya (सञ्जय).—Charioteer and minister to King Dhṛtarāṣṭra. Sañjaya narrated the eve...
Hastināpura (हस्तिनापुर).—The ancient capital city of Bhārata-varṣa, or India. The San...
Kāśī (काशी).—One of the oldest sacred places of learning in India. The Purāṇic name of...
1) Kāñcana (काञ्चन) is another name (synonym) for Kampillaka, which is the Sanskrit word for...
1) Vasu (वसु):—Son of Bhūtajyoti (son of Sumati). He had a son named Pratīka. (see Bhā...
Keśinī (केशिनी) is the name of a mind-born ‘divine mother’ (mātṛ), created for t...
1a) Sudhanu (सुधनु).—A son of Kuru, and father of Suhotra.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 22. 4 &...
Kṣatravṛddha (क्षत्रवृद्ध).—A son of Āyu, and father of Suhotra and Pratikṣatra.** Bhāgav...
1a) Kāśya (काश्य).—A son of Suhotra, and father of Kāśī.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 17. 3-4.1...
1a) Kāverī (कावेरी).—R. personified as one of the wives of Havyavāhana (Śamsya) fire; San...
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of the race of puru
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Corrections
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Shantanu And Devapi
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section XCIV
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CLXLIII
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Lineage of Ayu and origin of Dhanvantari
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Puru
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section XXVI
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Lineage of Puruvasas and Jahnu
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Kuru
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section XCV
- · The Markandeya Purana > Khanitra’s exploits
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the story of Satyavrata
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with S
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section I
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Varṇadharma-tattva
» Click here to see all 17 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.