Snakebitters: 1 definition
Snakebitters means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Snakebitters in English is the name of a plant defined with Cissus biformifolia in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Vitis trifoliata (L.) Baker (among others).
2) Snakebitters is also identified with Cissus verticillata It has the synonym Vitis vitiginea var. compressicaulis (Ruiz & Pav.) Kuntze (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden (1968)
· Revisio Generum Plantarum (1891)
· Systema Vegetabilium, ed. 15 (1819)
· Field Mus. Nat. Hist., Bot. Ser. (1956)
· Flora Brasiliensis (1871)
· Actes de la Société d’Histoire Naturelle de Paris (1792)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Snakebitters, for example extract dosage, health benefits, side effects, pregnancy safety, chemical composition, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Snakebitters; (plurals include: Snakebitterses) in any book or story.