Snake vine: 1 definition
Snake vine means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Snake vine in English is the name of a plant defined with Cissus biformifolia in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Vitis miqueliana Baker (among others).
2) Snake vine is also identified with Cissus verticillata It has the synonym Vitis vitiginea var. cordifolia (L.) Kuntze (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Flora of the southern United States (1860)
· Repertorio fisiconatural de la isla de Cuba. Havana (1866)
· Species Plantarum (1762)
· Flora of Tropical Africa (1868)
· Mitt. Bot. Staatssamml. (1953)
· Flora Brasiliensis (1871)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Snake vine, for example extract dosage, health benefits, side effects, chemical composition, diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Snake vine; (plurals include: Snake vines) in any book or story.