Smallflower melicgrass: 1 definition
Smallflower melicgrass means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
Smallflower melicgrass in English is the name of a plant defined with Melica imperfecta in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Melica imperfecta var. refracta Thurb. (among others).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1885)
· Bulletin, Division of Agrostology United States Department of Agriculture (1901)
· Grasses of North America for Farmers and Students (1896)
· Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1848)
· Synopsis Plantarum Glumacearum (1854)
· Geological Survey of California, Botany (1880)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Smallflower melicgrass, for example side effects, health benefits, chemical composition, extract dosage, pregnancy safety, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Smallflower melicgrass; (plurals include: Smallflower melicgrasses) in any book or story.