Sarvakarman, Sarva-karman: 6 definitions
Sarvakarman means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
Sarvakarman (सर्वकर्मन्).—m. Name of Śiva.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Cappeller Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Sarvakarman (सर्वकर्मन्).—1. [neuter] [plural] work of all kind.
--- OR ---
Sarvakarman (सर्वकर्मन्).—2. [adjective] containing all work.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Aufrecht Catalogus Catalogorum
Sarvakarman (सर्वकर्मन्) as mentioned in Aufrecht’s Catalogus Catalogorum:—jy. by Rāmajīsena. L. 3195.
Sarvakarman has the following synonyms: Jyotiḥślokasaṃgraha.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Sarvakarman (सर्वकर्मन्):—[=sarva-karman] [from sarva] n. [plural] all kinds of works or rites or occupations (ma-saha mfn. ‘equal to all k° of w°’; ma-kārin mfn. ‘performing all k° of w°’), [???; Manu-smṛti] etc.
2) [v.s. ...] mfn. containing all works, [Chāndogya-upaniṣad]
3) [v.s. ...] m. one who performs all acts, [Monier-Williams’ Sanskrit-English Dictionary]
4) [v.s. ...] Name of Śiva, [ib.]
5) [v.s. ...] of a son of Kalmāṣa-pāda, [Mahābhārata; Harivaṃśa]Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Yates Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Sarvakarman (सर्वकर्मन्):—[sarva-karman] (rmma) 5. a. Every work. m. Jack of all trades.
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Search found 4 books and stories containing Sarvakarman, Sarva-karman; (plurals include: Sarvakarmans, karmans). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
The Shiva Purana (by J. L. Shastri)
Chapter 39 - Kings of the solar race (sūryavaṃśa) < [Section 5 - Umā-Saṃhitā]
The Vishnu Purana (by Horace Hayman Wilson)
Mahabharata (English) (by Kisari Mohan Ganguli)
The Padma Purana (by N.A. Deshpande)
Chapter 8 - Description of the Solar Race (Ādityavaṃśa or Sūryavaṃśa) < [Section 1 - Sṛṣṭi-khaṇḍa (section on creation)]