Sūcipatraka, aka: Suci-patraka; 1 Definition(s)
Sūcipatraka means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Sūcipatraka can be transliterated into English as Sucipatraka, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Āyurveda (science of life)
Sūcipatraka (सूचिपत्रक) is another name (synonym) for Śitāvarī, which is a Sanskrit name for a plant. This synonym was identified by Narahari in his 13th-century Rājanighaṇṭu (verses 5.50-51), which is an Āyurvedic medicinal thesaurus.Source: Wisdom Library: Āyurveda and botany
about this context:
Āyurveda (आयुर्वेद, ayurveda) is a branch of Hindu science dealing with subjects such as health, medicine, anatomy, etc. and has been in use throughout India since ancient times.
Search found 115 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Śuci (शुचि) is the name of class of piśācas according to the Digambara tradition of Jainism, wh...
Sūcīviddha (सूचीविद्ध).—A type of maṇḍala (series of cārīs) classified as aerial (ākāś...
Sūci, (f.) (cp. Sk. sūci; doubtful whether to sīv) a needle Vin. II, 115, 117, 177; S. II, 21...
Sūcīhasta (सूचीहस्त) has been misunderstood by some Sanskrit scholars to mean the hand that ...
Gaṇḍasūcī (गण्डसूची).—One of the 108 karaṇas (minor dance movement) mentioned in the N...
Ardhasūcī (अर्धसूची).—One of the 108 karaṇas (minor dance movement) mentioned in the N...
Dīrghapatraka (दीर्घपत्रक) is another name (synonym) for Vetasa, which is a Sanskrit name fo...
Kāyasuci:—Purity of body, i.e. of action (+vacī°, ceto°) A. I, 273; It. 55;
Sūcivyūha (सूचिव्यूह):—The array, in which the army is drawn up in extended columns, o...
Uttānapatraka (उत्तानपत्रक) is another name (synonym) for Raktairaṇḍa: one of the three vari...
Sarasvatī (सरस्वती) or Bhāratī is born from the mouth of Brahmā and is the goddess of speech an...
Haṃsā (हंसा) is the name of a river mentioned in a list of rivers, flowing from the five gre...
Agni (अग्नि, “flames”).—The fourteenth of “fourteen dreams” of Triśalā.—Ghee and honey is poure...
Pāśā (पाशा).—Name of a river originating from Vindhya, a holy mountains (kulaparvata) ...
1a) Śuddha (शुद्ध).—A son of Anenas, and father of Śuci.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 17. 11.1b...
Search found 76 books containing Sūcipatraka or Suci-patraka. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Jataka, Volume III > No. 387.: Sūci-Jātaka.
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting Nine Planets
- · The Natyashastra > Maṇḍala movements
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting Devas
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting Famous Emperors
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting Water Creatures
- · Satapatha Brahmana > ... > Kāṇḍa II, adhyāya 2, brāhmaṇa 1
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Twenty-seven Combined Hands
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting the Four Castes
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Descendants of the kings of Magadha
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting Famous Rivers
- · Gemstones of the Good Dhamma > Dhammavagga - Dhamma
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > ... > Plate XIII - Combined Hands
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Hands denoting Flying Creatures
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 5.129
- · Śrī Īśopaniṣad > Mantra 3
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Families of the Daityas
- · Satapatha Brahmana > ... > Kāṇḍa IV, adhyāya 3, brāhmaṇa 1
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > The descendants of the daughters of Daksa married to the Rsis
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Names of the twelve Adityas
» Click here to see all 76 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.