Realm of Humans, aka: Human Realm, World of Humans, Human World; 1 Definition(s)
Realm of Humans means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
cf. loka, gati.Source: Pali Kanon: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines
Search found 2403 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Loka (लोक, “cosmos”).—According to Jainism, the shape of the Cosmos is fixed and ucnhangable. F...
Deva (देव).—Description of a women of goddes (deva) type;—A woman who has delicate limbs, stead...
Kalpa (कल्प).—One of the four heavens of the upper world (ūrdhvaloka);—The kalpas are 16, accor...
Yama (यम).—Yama also called Daṇḍa and Antaka bas been mentioned fifty times in Ṛgveda and three...
Brahmā (ब्रह्मा).—Brahmā is one of the principal deities and formst along with Viṣṇu and Śiva, ...
Nāga (नाग).—Description of a women of nāga type;—A woman who has a pointed nose and sharp teeth...
Jambūdvīpa (जम्बूद्वीप).—One of the seven continents (dvīpa) of Bhūrloka (earth).—In the midst ...
Śaṅkha (शङ्ख) is the shorter name of Śaṅkhadvīpa, one of the continents (dvīpa) of the mi...
Dukkha, (adj.-n.) (Sk. duḥkha fr. duḥ-ka, an adj. formation fr. prefix duḥ (see du). According ...
Buddha (बुद्ध) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the ten incarnations of Viṣṇu. This in...
Māyā (माया).—What is meant by māyā? Deceitful disposition of the soul caused by a particular co...
Agni (अग्नि, “flames”).—The fourteenth of “fourteen dreams” of Triśalā.—Ghee and honey is poure...
When we walk in the Avatamsaka realm, breathing in the Buddha, breathing out the Buddha, wal...
Sanskrit word is Triloka. It is Buddhist metaphysical equivalence for the triple world of earth...
The mental state of the devas of the Brahma worlds corresponds to the first dhyana, and is char...
Search found 7334 books containing Realm of Humans, Human Realm, World of Humans or Human World. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Great Chariot > ... > 3d) The human realm
- · The Catusacca Dipani > ... > The Burden Of Dukkha In The Human World
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > The Incarnation of human souls in the World
- · Sutra of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva's Fundamental Vows > Evil Actions and Retributions of Human Beings of the Samsara World
- · What Kamma is > ... > World Of Desires
- · The Great Chariot > ... > 3c) The animal realm
- · Teacher of the Devas > Liberation For Humans, Devas, And Brahmas
- · Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Fundamental Vow Sutra > Entrusting [the Deliverance] of Humans and Devas
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 13: Sermon on the four gatis: humans
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Disorder and Disquiet of the Asura Realm
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Installation of Prahlāda in his Realm
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Meditation of the wonders in the realm of the Body
- · The Gospel of Buddha > In The Realm Of Yamaraja
- · Patipada > About Beings In The Realm Of Ghosts
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Attainment of the Ideal Realm
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 1 > ... > Story of the Doubtful Realm or Reverie of Līlā
- · The Great Chariot > ... > The explanation of merely attaining a human body
- · Straight from the Heart > The Prison World Vs. The World Outside
- · Gospel of Thomas Commentary > The Lion And The Human Being
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Brahma Identic with the World or Identity of the World with Brahma
» Click here to see all 7334 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.