Ratnāvali, aka: Ratnavali; 1 Definition(s)
Ratnāvali means something in Jainism, Prakrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Ratnāvali can be transliterated into English as Ratnavali, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
General definition (in Jainism)
Ratnāvali (रत्नावलि) is the shorter name of Ratnāvalidvīpa, one of the continents (dvīpa) of the middle-world (madhyaloka) which is encircled by the ocean named Ratnāvalisasamudra (or simply Ratnāvali), according to Jain cosmology. The middle-world contains innumerable concentric dvīpas and, as opposed to the upper-world (adhaloka) and the lower-world (ūrdhvaloka), is the only world where humans can be born.
Ratnāvali is recorded in ancient Jaina canonical texts dealing with cosmology and geography of the universe. Examples of such texts are the Saṃgrahaṇīratna in the Śvetāmbara tradition or the Tiloyapannatti and the Trilokasāra in the Digambara tradition.Source: Wisdom Library: Jainism
Search found 14 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Ratnāvalidvīpa (रत्नावलिद्वीप) is one of the continents (dvīpa) of the middle-world (madhyaloka...
Ratnāvalisamudra (रत्नावलिसमुद्र) is the name of the ocean (samudra) surrouding the continent o...
Deva (देव) is the shorter name of Devadvīpa, one of the continents (dvīpa) of the middle-world ...
Harṣa (हर्ष, “joy”) is caused by determinants (vibhāva) such as attainment of a ...
There is unanimous agreement that Nāgārjuna (ca 150–250 AD) is the most important Budd...
Pracchedaka (प्रच्छेदक).—One of the twelve types of lāsya;—When a separated woman pained by the...
|Sri Ramachandrendra Saraswati|
Sri Ramachandrendra Saraswati is the disciple of Vasu-devendra Saraswati. He seems to have p...
1. Khiragama - A village in Rohana, where the forces of Parakkamabahu I fought a battle again...
1. Kittisirimegha - Son of Moggallana II. and king of Ceylon from 656 A.C. The length of his ...
A town in Rohana in Dvadasasahassakarattha. It is first mentioned in the account of the campa...
1. Parakkamabahu I. King of Ceylon (1153 86). He was the son of the eldest of the three bro...
A Kalinga princess, the second queen of Vijayabahu I. She later became his chief queen and had ...
In the Bhāgavata-tātparya-nirṇaya Madhva selects some of the important verses from the twelv...
Baladeva Vidyabhushana was a prominent Gaudiya Vaishnava acharya. He never mentioned his bir...
Search found 18 books containing Ratnāvali or Ratnavali. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Antiquity of the Pañcarātra
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > The Bhāgavata-purāṇa (introduction)
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Appendix: Pramāṇa-tattva
- · The Natyashastra > Abbreviations and Symbols
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Chapter LXXVII
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > ... > Śaṅkara and his School
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Some Companions of Caitanya
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > The Position of the Pañcarātra Literature
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Teachers and Writers of the Madhva School
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > The Philosophy of Baladeva Vidyābhūṣaṇa
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Jīva-tattva
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Rāmānuja Literature
- · Bodhisattva-caryāvatāra > Bibliography Of Sūtras, Tantras And śāstras
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Important Madhva Works
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume III > Supplement to Bibliography
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Guru-tattva
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume III > Introduction
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Sādhana-bhakti-tattva
» Click here to see all 18 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.