Ratana Vagga; 2 Definition(s)
Ratana Vagga means something in Buddhism, Pali. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Theravada (major branch of Buddhism)
The ninth section of the Pacittiya of the Vinaya Pitaka.Source: Pali Kanon: Pali Proper Names
Theravāda is a major branch of Buddhism having the the Pali canon (tipitaka) as their canonical literature, which includes the vinaya-pitaka (monastic rules), the sutta-pitaka (Buddhist sermons) and the abhidhamma-pitaka (philosophy and psychology).
Search found 452 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Raṭana (रटन).—n. (-naṃ) Speaking, shouting. E. raṭ, and lyuṭ aff.
1) Vagga, 2 (adj. -nt.) (vi+agga, Sk. vyagra; opposed to samagga) dissociated, separated; inc...
Anuttariya, (nt.) (abstr. fr. anuttara) preeminence, superiority, excellency; highest ideal, g...
Santhāra, (saṃ+thāra) spreading, covering, floor(ing) S. I, 170; Vin. II, 120 (3 kinds of floo...
1) Abhiññā, 2 ger. of abhijānāti. (Page 64)2) Abhiññā, 1 (f.) (fr. abhi + jñā, see jānāti). Rar...
Anathapindika Vagga - The second chapter of the Devaputta Samyutta of the Samyutta Nikaya conta...
Vaggavādaka refers to: taking somebody’s part Vin. III, 175. Note: vaggavādaka is a Pali compou...
The sixth chapter of the Dasaka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.v.92 112.
The seventh chapter of the Navaka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.iv.457-61.
The fourth chapter of the Duka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.i.61 9.
1. Ratana Sutta One of the suttas of the Khuddakapatha. It is also included in the Sutta Nip...
See Ratana Sutta (1).
1. Cula Vagga - The second of the two volumes known as the two Khandhakas of the Vinaya Pitak...
1. Yodhajiva Vagga. The fourteenth chapter of the Tika Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.i.28...
1. Gahapati Vagga - The sixth section of the Majjhima Nikaya. M.i.339-413. 2. Gahapati Vag...
Search found 1 books and stories containing Ratana Vagga; (plurals include: Ratana Vaggas). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles: