Quilombo: 1 definition
Quilombo means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Quilombo in South and Central America is the name of a plant defined with Abelmoschus esculentus in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Willd. (among others).
2) Quilombo is also identified with Hibiscus esculentus It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Sessé & Moc. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Flora Indica (1832)
· Flora of Chiapas (1990)
· Notulae ad Plantas Asiaticas (1854)
· Methodus Plantas Horti Botanici (1794)
· Proceedings of the Indian Science Congress Association (1979)
· Systematic Botany Monographs (1988)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Quilombo, for example pregnancy safety, chemical composition, extract dosage, health benefits, diet and recipes, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Quilombo; (plurals include: Quilombos) in any book or story.