Putapattri, aka: Pūtapattrī, Puta-pattri; 1 Definition(s)
Putapattri means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Āyurveda (science of life)
Pūtapattrī (पूतपत्त्री) is another name for Tulasī, which is a Sanskrit word referring to Ocimum tenuiflorum (holy basil), from the Lamiaceae family. It is classified as a medicinal plant in the system of Āyurveda (science of Indian medicine) and is used throughout literature such as the Suśrutasaṃhita and the Carakasaṃhitā. The synonym was identified in the Rājanighaṇṭu (verses 10.148-149), which is a 13th-century medicinal thesaurus.Source: Wisdom Library: Āyurveda and botany
about this context:
Āyurveda (आयुर्वेद, ayurveda) is a branch of Indian science dealing with medicine, herbalism, taxology, anatomy, surgery, alchemy and related topics. Traditional practice of Āyurveda in ancient India dates back to at least the first millenium BC. Literature is commonly written in Sanskrit using various poetic metres.
Search found 55 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Puṭa (पुट) is a Sanskit technical term referring to “burning pits” (used for cal...
Puṣpapuṭa (पुष्पपुट).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with combined hands (saṃyuta-has...
Catuṣpattrī (चतुष्पत्त्री) is another name for Suniṣaṇṇaka, which is a Sanskrit word referri...
Bahupattrī (बहुपत्त्री) is another name for Tulasī, which is a Sanskrit word referring to Oc...
In the Kapotapuṭa eight cow-dung cakes are used produce heat.
The Gajapuṭa is an arrangement of heating in a pit of 90 cm in length, breadth and depth. Ha...
In the Varāhapuṭa the pit is 60 cm in depth, length and breadth.
Pūtadhānya (पूतधान्य) is another name (synonym) for Tila, which is a Sanskrit name for the p...
Talaputa visits the Buddha and asks him if there be any truth in the tradition that stage act...
Sama (सम, “even”) refers to one of the ten good qualities (guṇa) of a song (gīta), according to...
1a) Kuñcita (कुञ्चित, “contracted”).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with ...
Nimeṣa (निमेष, “closing”).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with the eyelid...
1) Pātana (पातन, “relaxing”).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with the eye...
Sahaja (सहज, “natural”).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with the eyebrows...
Pihita (पिहित, “resting”).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with the eyelid...
Search found 26 books containing Putapattri, Pūtapattrī or Puta-pattri. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Jataka, Volume II > ... > No. 223. Puṭa-Bhatta-Jātaka
- · The Jataka, Volume II > ... > No. 280. Puṭa-Dūsaka-Jātaka
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 1 > ... > The Gamarāla’s Foolish Son
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 6.46
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Preparations and medicinal measures for ocular affections in general
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.1.11
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 1 > ... > The Stupid Boy
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of Raktaja Ophthalmia
- · The Jataka, Volume II > Index of Names and Pali Words
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of Vataja Ophthalmia
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Seventh Wave: Ghastliness
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of diseases of pupil and crystalline lens
- · Satapatha Brahmana > ... > Kāṇḍa IV, adhyāya 1, brāhmaṇa 1
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Medical Treatment of Ear-disease
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Symptoms and treatment of Diarrhea (Atisara)
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Appendix 2.3: new and rare words
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Different names of the Ayurvedic Drugs
- · The Natyashastra > Gestures of Minor Limbs (upāṅga)
- · The Natyashastra > ... > The Ancient Indian Theory and Practice of Music
- · Śrī Govinda Dāmodara Stotraṁ > Read Contents
» Click here to see all 26 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.