Puje, Pūje: 1 definition
Puje means something in . If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
1) [noun] the act or process of worshipping a deity; reverent honour and homage paid to a god or a sacred personage or to any object regarded as sacred.
2) [noun] a feeling of high regard, honour or esteem; respect.
3) [noun] the figure or symbol 0, which stands for the absence of quantity; cipher; zero.
4) [noun] harsh treatment as a reward for a wrong doing; punishment.
5) [noun] ಪೂಜೆ ಮಾಡು [puje madu] pūje māḍu = ಪೂಜಿಸು - [pujisu -] 1 & 2; 3. to treat harshly or to punish (a person for wrong doing); ಪೂಜೆ ಹಾಕು [puje haku] pūje hāku to recite or cause to prayers, incantations, etc. (to drive an evil spirit out).
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Ends with (+18): Agnipuje, Agrapuje, Akarapuje, Alipuje, Amgapuje, Anagatapuje, Atithipuje, Atmapuje, Ayudhapuje, Balimdrapuje, Balipuje, Bhutapuje, Dampatipuje, Devapuje, Dhorepuje, Galipuje, Gejjepuje, Guddalipuje, Kalashapuje, Kambapuje.
Search found 2 books and stories containing Puje, Pūje; (plurals include: Pujes, Pūjes). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
Chaitanya Bhagavata (by Bhumipati Dāsa)
Verse 3.4.480 < [Chapter 4 - Descriptions of Śrī Acyutānanda’s Pastimes and the Worship of Śrī Mādhavendra]
Verse 3.6.98 < [Chapter 6 - The Glories of Śrī Nityānanda Prabhu]
Verse 1.2.123 < [Chapter 2 - The Lord’s Appearance]