Priyadarśana, aka: Priya-darshana; 2 Definition(s)
The Sanskrit term Priyadarśana can be transliterated into English as Priyadarshana or Priyadarsana, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Priyadarśana (प्रियदर्शन) refers to classification of a temple/buidling (prāsāda), according to Samarāṅgaṇasūtradhāra chapter 60. The temple is mentioned in a list of thirty-six Prāsādas having activities of the townsmen entailing Sādhārās. The Samarāṅgaṇasūtradhāra is an 11th-century encyclopedia dealing with various topics from the Vāstuśāstra.Source: Wisdom Library: Vāstu-śāstra
about this context:
Vāstuśāstra (वास्तुशास्त्र, vastu-shastra) refers to the knowledge of architecture. It is a branch of ancient Indian science dealing with topics such architecture, construction, sculpture and their relation with the cosmic universe.
General definition (in Jainism)
Priyadarśana (प्रियदर्शन) is the name of class of mahoraga gods according to the Digambara tradition, while the Śvetāmbara does not recognize this class. The mahoraga refer to a category of vyantaras gods which represents one of the four classes of celestial beings (devas). The mahoragas are are dark or black in complexion and the Nāga is their caitya-vṛkṣa (sacred-tree).
The deities such as the Priyadarśanas are defined in ancient Jain cosmological texts such as the Saṃgrahaṇīratna in the Śvetāmbara tradition or the Tiloyapaṇṇati by Yativṛṣabha (5th century) in the Digambara tradition.Source: Wisdom Library: Jainism
Search found 25 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Darśana (दर्शन) refers to “to see beautiful things” and is one of the twenty-four activities (k...
Priyā (प्रिया, “my dear”) refers to a specific “mode of address” (nāman) used in drama (nāṭya),...
Śukapriyā (शुकप्रिया).—A name of Lalitā.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 17. 33 and 44.
Alipriyā (अलिप्रिया) is a synonym for Pāṭalā (Stereospermum colais, “Trumpet Flower&rd...
Darśanamohanīya (दर्शनमोहनीय).—What are the causes of faith deluding karmas (darśana-mohanīya) ...
Mithyādarśana (मिथ्यादर्शन) refers to “to promote deluded views beliefs” and is one of the twen...
Darśanapratibhū (दर्शनप्रतिभू) is the person standing surety (pratibhū) with the promise &ls...
Darśanavinaya (दर्शनविनय).—What is meant by ‘reverence to faith’ (darśana-vinaya)? Acquiring, P...
Pramadāpriya (प्रमदाप्रिय) refers to a type of temple (prāsāda) classified under the group n...
1) Bhṛṅgapriyā (भृङ्गप्रिया) is another name for Mādhavī, which is a Sanskrit word referring...
Bālakapriyā (बालकप्रिया) is another name for Indravāruṇī, which is a Sanskrit word referring...
Medhāgamapriya (मेधागमप्रिय) is another name (synonym) for Dhārākadamba: one of the three va...
1) Aśoka (अशोक) is the name of the caitya-tree under which the parents of Malli are often depic...
Śivadṛṣṭi (शिवदृष्टि):—Somānanda’s Śivadṛṣṭi expounds a form of absolute idealis...
Kośā (कोशा).—Of Kāśi king.** Viṣṇu-purāṇa V. 34. 42.
Search found 171 books containing Priyadarśana or Priya-darshana. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 1: Story of Sāgaracandra, Priyadarśanā and Aśokadatta
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Priya: The Beloved
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Progeny of Priya Vrata and incidental description of the Seven Islands of the Earth
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.88
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.255
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 222
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.1.118
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 221
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 172
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 65
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 224
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 223
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.5.65
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.6.216
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 36
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.117
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 136
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 150
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.248
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.6.17
» Click here to see all 171 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.