Parivatsara, 1 Definition(s)
Parivatsara means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
- 1) Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 21. 131; IV. 32. 15; Vāyu-purāṇa 31. 38; 56. 20.
- 2) Matsya-purāṇa 141. 18; 167. 52.
- 1) Vāyu-purāṇa 31. 27; 50. 183; Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 13. 114, 117, 126-7; Viṣṇu-purāṇa II. 8. 72.
- 2) Bhāgavata-purāṇa III. 11. 14; V. 22. 7; Matsya-purāṇa 141. 18-19.
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 1 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Yuga (युग).—The intervening time between one yuga-sandhyapūrva and sandhyāṃśa; four i...
Search found 5 books containing Parivatsara. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Pāraskara-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya III, Kaṇḍikā 2
- · Satapatha Brahmana > ... > Kāṇḍa VIII, adhyāya 1, brāhmaṇa 4
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the motion of the planets
- · Satapatha Brahmana > ... > Kāṇḍa XIII, adhyāya 6, brāhmaṇa 2
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Description of the sun (his chariot; its two axles; his horses)
» Click here to see all 5 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.