Paranimmita Vasavatti Deva, 1 Definition(s)
Paranimmita Vasavatti Deva means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
'heavenly beings with power over the productions of others', constitute a class of heavenly beings in the sensuous sphere (kāma-loka). Māra is said to be their ruler. Cf. loka, deva I.Source: Pali Kanon: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines
Search found 604 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Deva (देव).—Description of a women of goddes (deva) type;—A woman who has delicate limbs, stead...
Devadūta (देवदूत) refers to the “dwellers of heaven”; it is a Sanskrit technical...
Devayajña (देवयज्ञ):—According to Manusaṃhitā, performing of homa is called Devayajña ...
Deva, (Ved. deva, Idg. *deịā to shine (see dibba & diva), orig. adj. *deiǔos belonging to the s...
vasavattī : (adj.) wielding power; dominating.
Devāgāra (देवागार).—Abodes of the Devas; meddling with, was punished by death.** Matsya-p...
Kuladeva (कुलदेव).— The Kuladevas (Kuladevatās) are divinities worshipped in families from anci...
Devālaya (देवालय).—The homes of the nine planets;1 temples visited by Paraśurāma;2 see ...
Devakula (देवकुल).—Temples where dancing girls were entertained in service.** Matsya-purā...
Devavimāna (देवविमान, “vehicle”).—The twelfth of “fourteen dreams” of Triśalā.—The palanquin of...
Satyadeva (सत्यदेव).—One of the four classes of Gods (devas) according to Somasena in his Traiv...
A class of devas, inhabitants of the highest stage of the sensuous universe (kama loka). Th...
Yāva, (adv.) (Vedic yāvat as nt. of yāvant used as adv. in meanings 1 & 2. The final t is lost ...
Within Hinduism, an Ishta-deva (iṣṭa-deva(tā). lit "cherished divinity") is a term...
Devasamudra (देवसमुद्र) is the name of the ocean (samudra) surrouding the continent of Devadvīp...
Search found 960 books containing Paranimmita Vasavatti Deva. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Gospel of Buddha > The Buddha Replies To The Deva
- · A Heart Released > Only A Visuddhi Deva
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Story Of Subrahma Deva
- · The Catusacca Dipani > ... > The Burden of Dukkha in the Deva World
- · Middle Chola Temples > ... > Rajendra Deva II (a.d. 1052-1064)
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Devas going to Mahā Deva
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Deva Dānava fight
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the birth of Śūka Deva and on the duties of householders
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the birth of Vyāsa Deva
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Deva defeat and on Vṛtra’s tapasyā
- · Middle Chola Temples > ... > Rajendra Deva II
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the cause of Moha of Vyāsa Deva asked before Nārada
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On Janaka’s giving instructions on truth to Śūka Deva
- · A Sketch of the Buddha's Life > ... > The Wheel Of The Dhamma Begins To Turn
- · The Book of Protection > ... > Setting In Motion The Wheel Of Truth
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 2
- · The Book of Protection > ... > The Great Assembly
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.173
- · Later Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Mannur
- · Guide to Tipitaka > ... > Vimana Vatthu Pali
» Click here to see all 960 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.