Ngaingai: 1 definition
Ngaingai means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Ngaingai in Congo is the name of a plant defined with Abelmoschus esculentus in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Willd. (among others).
2) Ngaingai is also identified with Hibiscus esculentus It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Sessé & Moc. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Hortus Bengalensis, or ‘a Catalogue of the Plants Growing in the Hounourable East India Company's Botanical Garden at Calcutta’ (1814)
· Notulae ad Plantas Asiaticas (1854)
· Systematic Botany Monographs (1988)
· Methodus Plantas Horti Botanici (1794)
· New Botanist (1976)
· Fl. Mexic., ed. 2 (1894)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Ngaingai, for example extract dosage, pregnancy safety, health benefits, chemical composition, side effects, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Ngaingainge.
No search results for Ngaingai; (plurals include: Ngaingais) in any book or story.