Nelagummudu: 1 definition
Nelagummudu means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Nelagummudu in India is the name of a plant defined with Ipomoea digitata in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Convolvulus paniculatus Wall. (among others).
2) Nelagummudu is also identified with Ipomoea mauritiana It has the synonym Batatas paniculata (L.) Choisy (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Numer. List
· Collectanea (1791)
· Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden (1975)
· Hort. Malabar.
· Prodromus Systematis Naturalis Regni Vegetabilis (1845)
· Bot. Bihar & Orissa (1922)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Nelagummudu, for example pregnancy safety, chemical composition, side effects, health benefits, diet and recipes, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Nelagummudu; (plurals include: Nelagummudus) in any book or story.