Nallathige: 1 definition
Nallathige means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Nallathige in India is the name of a plant defined with Cissus pallida in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Cissus pallida Planch. (among others).
2) Nallathige is also identified with Cissus verticillata It has the synonym Vitis cordifolia Michx. (etc.).
3) Nallathige is also identified with Dendrocnide sinuata It has the synonym Urtica ardens Link (etc.).
4) Nallathige is also identified with Ichnocarpus frutescens It has the synonym Quirivelia zeylanica Poir. (etc.).
5) Nallathige is also identified with Tiliacora acuminata.
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Icon. Pl. Ind. Orient. (1853)
· Bijdragen tot de flora van Nederlandsch Indië (1825)
· Revisio Generum Plantarum (1891)
· Gen. Pl. (1876)
· Annales Museum Botanicum Lugduno-Batavi (1869)
· Repertorio fisiconatural de la isla de Cuba. Havana (1866)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Nallathige, for example extract dosage, chemical composition, health benefits, side effects, diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Nallathige; (plurals include: Nallathiges) in any book or story.