Muringa: 2 definitions
Muringa means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Wisdom Library: Local Names of Plants and Drugs
Muringa [മുരിന്ഗാ] in the Malayalam language is the name of a plant identified with Moringa concanensis Nimmo from the Moringaceae (Drumstick) family. For the possible medicinal usage of muringa, you can check this page for potential sources and references, although be aware that any some or none of the side-effects may not be mentioned here, wether they be harmful or beneficial to health.Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Muringa in Eastern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Turraea robusta in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Turraea volkensii Guerke (among others).
2) Muringa in India is also identified with Moringa ovalifolia It has the synonym Hyperanthera moringa (L.) Vahl (etc.).
3) Muringa in Peru is also identified with Miconia tomentosa It has the synonym Melastoma tomentosum Rich. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· De Fructibus et Seminibus Plantarum (1791)
· Synopseos Plantarum (Persoon) (1805)
· Flore de Madagascar et des Comores (1982)
· Linnaea (1835)
· Field Museum of Natural History, Botanical Series (1902)
· Plantae tinneanae (1867)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Muringa, for example extract dosage, health benefits, diet and recipes, chemical composition, side effects, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Muringai.
No search results for Muringa; (plurals include: Muringas) in any book or story.