Mpingo: 1 definition
Mpingo means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Mpingo in East Africa is the name of a plant defined with Sophora tomentosa in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Sorindeia goudotii Briq. (among others).
2) Mpingo is also identified with Dalbergia melanoxylon It has the synonym Amerimnon stocksii (Benth.) Kuntze (etc.).
3) Mpingo in Zambia is also identified with Bobgunnia madagascariensis It has the synonym Swartzia sapini De Wild. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Brittonia (1978)
· Bulletin Mensuel de la Société Linnéenne de Paris (1885)
· Genera Plantarum (1791)
· Systema Naturae
· Journal of the Arnold Arboretum (1973)
· Journal of Cytology and Genetics (1990)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Mpingo, for example diet and recipes, extract dosage, chemical composition, pregnancy safety, side effects, health benefits, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Mpingo; (plurals include: Mpingos) in any book or story.