Mokshadharma, Mokṣadharma: 4 definitions
Mokshadharma means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
The Sanskrit term Mokṣadharma can be transliterated into English as Moksadharma or Mokshadharma, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Languages of India and abroad
1) Mokṣadharma (मोक्षधर्म) as mentioned in Aufrecht’s Catalogus Catalogorum:—Pheh. 12. A part of the Mahābhārata. Bp. 293, etc.
2) Mokṣadharma (मोक्षधर्म):—vedānta, by Nārāyaṇa. Hz. 549.
3) Mokṣadharmā (मोक्षधर्मा):—mokṣadharmāḥ Quoted by Utpala in Spandapradīpikā.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Mokṣadharma (मोक्षधर्म):—[=mokṣa-dharma] [from mokṣa > mokṣ] m. law or rule of eman°, [Mahābhārata]
2) [v.s. ...] Name of a section of the 12th book of the Mahābhārata (from Adhyāya 174 to the end; also -parvan n.), [Indian Wisdom, by Sir M. Monier-Williams 374]
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Partial matches: Moksha, Dharma.
Starts with: Mokshadharmadipika, Mokshadharmaparva, Mokshadharmaparvan, Mokshadharmarthadipika, Mokshadharmasaroddhara, Mokshadharmatika, Mokshadharmavyakhya, Mokshadharmavyakhyana.
Full-text: Mokshadharmasaroddhara, Mokshadharmavyakhya, Mokshadharmatika, Mokshadharmadipika, Mokshadharmavyakhyana, Mokshadharmaparvan, Mokshadharmarthadipika, Duranushtheya, Vishnoranusmriti, Bhavapradipa, Nandana, Durvaca, Bhaga, Bharata, Shivastotra, Mahabharata, Bhishma, Shraddha, Ap, Narayana.
Search found 35 books and stories containing Mokshadharma, Mokṣadharma, Moksadharma, Mokṣadharmā, Moksha-dharma, Mokṣa-dharma, Moksa-dharma; (plurals include: Mokshadharmas, Mokṣadharmas, Moksadharmas, Mokṣadharmās, dharmas). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
Mahabharata (English) (by Kisari Mohan Ganguli)
Mokshadharma Parva < [Book 12 - Shanti Parva]
Section LXX < [Sambhava Parva]
Animal Kingdom (Tiryak) in Epics (by Saranya P.S)
Ishavasya Upanishad with Shankara Bhashya (Sitarama) (by S. Sitarama Sastri)
Parama Samhita (English translation) (by Krishnaswami Aiyangar)
Gītā, a manual of Pāñcarātra teaching < [Introduction]
Pāñcarātra is Vaidika in character < [Introduction]
Chaitanya Bhagavata (by Bhumipati Dāsa)
Verse 1.14.88 < [Chapter 14 - The Lord’s Travel to East Bengal and the Disappearance of Lakṣmīpriyā]
Ishavasya Upanishad with Shankara’s Commentary (by M. Hiriyanna)