Miśraka, aka: Mishraka; 1 Definition(s)
Miśraka means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Miśraka can be transliterated into English as Mishraka or Misraka, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Miśraka (मिश्रक):—The Sanskrit name for a group of temples (prāsāda) containing 9 unique varieties. It is described in the 11th-century Samarāṅgaṇasūtradhāra (chapter 56) by Bhojadeva.
The Miśraka group contains the following twenty-five temple classifications:
These are the names of 9 out of a total of 64 temple types mentioned in same chapter.Source: Wisdom Library: Vāstu-śāstra
about this context:
Vāstuśāstra (वास्तुशास्त्र, vastu-shastra) refers to the knowledge of architecture. It is a branch of ancient Indian science dealing with topics such architecture, construction, sculpture and their relation with the cosmic universe.
Search found 9 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Subhadra (सुभद्र) is the name of class of yakṣas according to both the Śvetāmbara and the Digam...
Tilaka (तिलक) refers to a type of ornament (ābharaṇa) for the foreherad (lalāṭa) to be worn by ...
Vaṅga (वङ्ग) is the name of a country pertaining to the Oḍramāgadhī local usage (pravṛtti) acco...
1) Sarvatobhadra (सर्वतोभद्र) is the name of a Yakṣa mentioned in the Tattvārtha-bhāṣya amongst...
Citrakūṭa (चित्रकूट) is the name of a mountain which is situated along the east bank of the riv...
Siṃhakesarī (सिंहकेसरी) refers to a type of temple (prāsāda) classified under the group name...
Svatilaka (स्वतिलक) refers to a type of temple (prāsāda) classified under the group named Mi...
Sarvāṅgasundara (सर्वाङ्गसुन्दर) refers to a type of temple (prāsāda) classified under the g...
Yokiṭa (योकिट) refers to a type of temple (prāsāda) classified under the group named Miśraka...
Search found 7 books containing Miśraka or Mishraka. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of poison caused by a Shuka (water insect)
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with M
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Drugs of specific actions
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section LXXXIII
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of a variety of diseases
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of the minor ailments
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of inflamed ulcers
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.