Maha Kaccana Bhaddekaratta Sutta, 1 Definition(s)
Maha Kaccana Bhaddekaratta Sutta means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
Samiddhi was once drying himself after bathing at Tapoda in Rajagaha, when a deity appeared before him and asked if he knew the Bhaddekaratta Sutta. On his replying in the negative, the deity asked him to learn it, and the next day Samiddhi sought the Buddha and learnt the verses of the sutta.
Samiddhi and his colleagues then went to Maha Kaccana and urged him to explain the sutta in detail. This he did, for which they were very grateful. They repeated Kaccanas exposition to the Buddha, who greatly approved of it. M.iii.192ff.Source: Pali Kanon: Pali Proper Names
Search found 3006 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1) Sutta, 2 (nt.) (Vedic sūtra, fr. sīv to sew) 1. a thread, string D. I, 76; II, 13; Vin. II...
1a) Maha (मह).—A son of Bharatāgni.** Vāyu-purāṇa 29. 8.1b) One of the twenty Amitābha go...
Mahālakṣmī (महालक्ष्मी).—Kāmākṣī;1 mother of Brahmā, Viṣṇu and Īśa;2 is Trīpurāmbikā;3 ...
Mahābhārata (महाभारत).—Compiled by Vyāsa Kṛṣṇadvaipāyana;1 the moon of, arose from Vyāsa...
Kāḷa-sutta a black thread or wire, a carpenter’s measuring line J. II, 405; Miln. 413...
Mahauṣadhī (महौषधी) is another name for Śuṇṭhī, which is a Sanskrit word referring to Zingib...
The Maṅgala Sutta is found in the Suttanipāta. An excellent translation by Venerable Dr ­...
Metta, (adj. nt.) (cp. Vedic maitra “belonging to Mitra”; Epic Sk. maitra “friendly, ” fr. mit...
Mahānīla (महानील) is the name of a mountain situated at lake Aruṇoda and mount Mandara, acco...
Mahābandha (महाबन्ध).—From the Haṭha Yogha Pradīpikā (chapter III): “Press the l...
yuganaddha : (adj.) congruous; harmonious; connected to a yoke.
Deva, (Ved. deva, Idg. *deịā to shine (see dibba & diva), orig. adj. *deiǔos belonging to the s...
Mahāvana (महावन)—One of the five forests on the eastern bank of the Yamunā.
Maha-Kalpa - largest time unit in Buddhism. Ending of a Maha-Kalpa (apocalypse) can happen i...
This rice (Mahāśāli) is as large as the black bean, and when cooked is aromatic and shining,...
Search found 1570 books containing Maha Kaccana Bhaddekaratta Sutta. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Book of Protection > ... > The Great Assembly
- · The Book of Protection > ... > Discourse On Blessings
- · The Madhura Sutta > The Madhura Sutta
- · Advice To Rāhula > Rāhula Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Ukkacela Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Nakhasikha Sutta
- · Metta > The Background To The Metta Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Cunda Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Kanakacchapa-sutta
- · The Buddha and His Teachings > Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Maha Kausika Vratas etc
- · The Samaññaphala Sutta > Samaññaphala Sutta
- · The Dawn of the Dhamma > The Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > Upanisa Sutta
- · Guide to Tipitaka > ... > (e) Maha Vagga Samyutta Pali
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > An Exposition Of The Upanisa Sutta
- · Metta > The Karaniya Metta Sutta
- · Guide to Tipitaka > ... > (b) Maha Vagga Pali
- · The Brahmajāla Sutta > Introduction to the Brahma-Jāla Sutta
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the story of Mahā Lakṣmī
» Click here to see all 1570 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.