Mūlavidyā, aka: Mula-vidya; 1 Definition(s)
Mūlavidyā means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Mūlavidyā (मूलविद्या).—There are four main or mūla-vidyās in Śrī-vidyā:
- Gāyatri: Vedic Gāyatri, the primary Vidyā that one is initiated into, before the Śrī-Vidyā mantras like Bāla or Pancadāsi.
- Bāla: The three lettered Vidyā. The presiding devata, Bāla Mahā Tripura Sundari, is a child. Bāla is said to be one of the most attractive and wonderful forms of Devi.
- Pancadāsi: Pancadāsi is the famous fifteen lettered Śrī-Vidyā mantra. Dakśiṇamūrti is said to be the seer of Pancadāsi.
- Śodasi: Śodasi is the sixteen lettered Śrī-Vidyā. Pancadāsi with an additional bīja (usually Śrībīja) becomes Śodasi.
Search found 246 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1) Mūla (मूल) is a Sanskrit word referring to the asterism Lambda Scorpii. According to the ...
The term ‘knowledge,’ ‘vidyā,’ stands for that by means of which all...
Śrīvidyā (श्रीविद्या) is one of Shakta Tantrism’s most influential and theologically s...
Pure wisdom (Śuddha-vidyā): mantra as conscious reality. “I am this.” (idam-evāh...
Mūlabandha (मूलबन्ध, “root lock”):—An inner contractyion of the anus which...
Limited knowledge (vidyā): “the illusion that what we can know of the absolute is limi...
By ‘roots of good’ (kuśalamūla), we mean the fruits of retribution (vipākaphala)...
1) Maharṣi Vasiṣṭha defines a flaw called ‘Abhukta Mūla’ for these three junctio...
Mūla-nakṣatra (मूल-नक्षत्र):—Name for a particular section of the ecliptic. Nakṣatra m...
Viṣavidyā (विषविद्या, the ‘science of poison’) is enumerated with other sciences...
Kuḍḍa-mūla, a sort of root Vin. III, 15. (Page 220)
Aṅgavidyā (अङ्गविद्या).—The several subsidiary vidyās of Śrīvidyā are arranged into si...
Mūlavigraha (मूलविग्रह) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to the icon (vigraha) of the ...
The two preceding groups (Mahat-panchamula and Svalpa-panchamula) in combination form the on...
Mūlabera (मूलबेर).—Usuallly mūlaberas in temples are in three modes. They are sthānaka...
Search found 624 books containing Mūlavidyā or Mula-vidya. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XXXIII - Vidyas like the Sandilya Vidya, Dahara Vidya, etc.
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 1 > ... > On the Original Cause (mūla-kārana)
- · The Jataka, Volume II > ... > No. 245. Mūla-Pariyāya-Jātaka
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana V - Unity of the Prâna Vidyâ
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XIII - The Purusha Vidyâ in the Chhândogya and the Taittiriya are not one
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XXIV - Brihadâranyaka 5. 4. 1 and 5. 5. 2 treat of one Vidyâ about Satya Brahman
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Tripura Vidya
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > ... > Mahā-vidyā and the Development of Logical Formalism
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XXI - Mundaka 3.1.1 and Katha 1.3.1 form one Vidyâ
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XXIX - The fires in Agnirahasya of the Brihadâranyaka are not part of the sacrificial act, but constitute a separate Vidyâ
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Vishnu-Dharma Vidya
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Garuda Vidya
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XXII - Brihadâranyaka 3.4.1 and 3.5.1 constitute one Vidyâ
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XIV - Detached Mantras that do not form part of the Brahma-vidya
- · The Taittiriya Upanishad > ... > Brahma-vidyā in a Nutshell
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana I - The Vidyâs with identical or similar form met with in the scriptures, or in different recensions of the scriptures are one Vidyâ
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Garudi Vidya which is the cure for all kinds of snake-bite
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > Bhuta-vidya-tantra
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana IV - Specializing the ‘Om’ of the Udgitha Vidyâ is apt, as ‘Om’ is common to all the Vedas
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XVI - The time of the origination of Knowledge when the Vidyâ is practised
» Click here to see all 624 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.