Lolakshi, aka: Lolākṣi, Lolākṣī; 1 Definition(s)
Lolakshi means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
The Sanskrit terms Lolākṣi and Lolākṣī can be transliterated into English as Lolaksi or Lolakshi, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
1) Lolākṣi (लोलाक्षि).—One of the Bhārgava gotrakāras.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 195. 27.
2) Lolākṣī (लोलाक्षी).—A Śakti.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 44. 55 and 75.
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
No further definitions found.
Search found 2 books containing Lolakshi, Lolākṣi or Lolākṣī. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Fourth Wave: Transient Ecstatic Disturbances
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > First Wave: Ecstatic Excitants
» Click here to see all 2 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.