Lolākṣi, aka: Lolakshi, Lolākṣī; 1 Definition(s)
Lolākṣi means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Lolākṣi can be transliterated into English as Lolakshi or Lolaksi, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
1) Lolākṣi (लोलाक्षि).—One of the Bhārgava gotrakāras.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 195. 27.
2) Lolākṣī (लोलाक्षी).—A Śakti.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 44. 55 and 75.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
No further definitions found.
Search found 2 books containing Lolākṣi, Lolakshi or Lolākṣī. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Fourth Wave: Transient Ecstatic Disturbances
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > First Wave: Ecstatic Excitants
» Click here to see all 2 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.