Lipai, Lipāī: 2 definitions
Lipai means something in Hindi, biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Lipai in Philippines is the name of a plant defined with Dendrocnide meyeniana in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Laportea pterostigma fo. subglabra (Hayata) H.L. Li (among others).
2) Lipai is also identified with Entada phaseoloides It has the synonym Acacia scandens (L.) Willd. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· The Gardeners Dictionary
· Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam (1921)
· Fragmenta Florae Philippinae (1904)
· Notulae Systematicae (Paris) (1911)
· Flora of Jamaica (1920)
· Contrib. U.S. Nat. Herb. (1905)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Lipai, for example diet and recipes, chemical composition, side effects, extract dosage, pregnancy safety, health benefits, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
Languages of India and abroad
Lipāī (लिपाई):—(nf) the process of or wages paid for pargetting/plastering; —[putāī] plastering and whitewashing; cleaning and tidying; giving a face lift.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Lipai, Lipāī; (plurals include: Lipais, Lipāīs) in any book or story.