Kene kene: 1 definition
Kene kene means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Kene kene in Cameroon is the name of a plant defined with Corchorus olitorius in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices.
2) Kene kene in Liberia is also identified with Caloncoba brevipes It has the synonym Oncoba brevipes Stapf.
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Proceedings of a Workshop on African Indigenous Vegetables (1997)
· Cytologia (1992)
· Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding (1981)
· Fl. Zambes. (1963)
· Acta Genetica Sinica (1994)
· Cytologia (2000)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Kene kene, for example side effects, chemical composition, diet and recipes, health benefits, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Partial matches: Kene.
No search results for Kene kene; (plurals include: Kene kenes) in any book or story.