Kala tulsi: 1 definition
Kala tulsi means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Kala tulsi in India is the name of a plant defined with Ocimum americanum in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Ocimum dichotomum Hochst. ex Benth. (among others).
2) Kala tulsi is also identified with Ocimum tenuiflorum It has the synonym Plectranthus monachorum (L.) Spreng. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Calyx (1999)
· Philippine Journal of Science (1921)
· Centuria I. Plantarum (1755)
· Cytologia (1981)
· Flora Cochinchinensis (1790)
· Flora of West Tropical Africa (1931)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Kala tulsi, for example side effects, diet and recipes, health benefits, extract dosage, pregnancy safety, chemical composition, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Kala tulsi; (plurals include: Kala tulsis) in any book or story.