Jvālā, aka: Jvala; 2 Definition(s)
The flame (jvālā)—held in the upper left hand of Śiva (as Naṭarāja)—represents the flame of destruction and transformation. An object when consumed by the fire is destroyed in one sense but transformed into energy and thus continues in another more subtle form. In the same way our physical bodies and the universe are destroyed but the Self (Ātman) continues to exist in a subtle form as does the universe. Nothing is destroyed absolutely — it only undergoes changes and change is the only thing constant in our world.
Jvalakesha—The word means “flaming hair”, and the hairstyle consists of ha...
Jāla (जाल) is a Sanskrit word referring to (as an adjective) “watery”.
1) Jaṭhara (जठर).—A Mt. on the East of Meru;1 connects Nīla and Naiṣadha hills.21) Bhāga...
In addition to the Vigraha (Deity) form, Lord Narasimha also appears as the self-manifested ...
There are fifteen Nitya Devatās who preside over each day between a full moon and a new moon...
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.108-110
- · Mantra Of Light > Read Contents
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the enumeration of various hells for sinners
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Various Recipes
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > The Vows and the Sacred Places of the Devi
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the description of the various hells for the various sinners
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the eighty-six Kuṇḍas and their characteristics
- · Śrī Syamananda-sataka > An Ocean of Mercy
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the description of the destinies of different sinners in different hells
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Śakti-tattva
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Different names of the Ayurvedic Drugs
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Seventeen Strokes
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Jīva-tattva
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the one thousand and eight names of the Gāyatrī
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume II > The Virtue of Meditation (dhyāna)
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Second Wave: Devotional Service In Practice
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Two Strokes
» Click here to see all 17 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.