Iles-iles: 1 definition
Iles-iles means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Iles-iles in Indonesia is the name of a plant defined with Amorphophallus paeoniifolius in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Plesmonium nobile Schott (among others).
2) Iles-iles is also identified with Amorphophallus variabilis It has the synonym Arum stercorarium Zipp. ex Kunth (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Fitoterapia (2005)
· J. Straits Branch Roy. Asiat. Soc. (1903)
· Nouvelles Annales du Museum d’Histoire Naturelle (1834)
· Plant Foods Hum. Nutr. (1995)
· Reinwardtia (1974)
· Memoirs of the College of Agriculture, National Taiwan University (1991)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Iles-iles, for example health benefits, diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, side effects, extract dosage, chemical composition, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Iles-iles; (plurals include: ileses) in any book or story.