Hutashana, aka: Hutāśana; 1 Definition(s)
Hutashana means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Hutāśana can be transliterated into English as Hutasana or Hutashana, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
1a) Hutāśana (हुताशन).—(Vanhi)—as Viṣṇu and Svāhā as Śrī.*
- * Viṣṇu-purāṇa I. 8. 22; 9. 34.
1b) Agni with Māruta (wind) ordered by Indra to destroy the Asuras; when some of them escaped to the ocean and Hutāśana and Māruta refused to dry up the oceans as per his orders Indra caused them to be born on the earth with one body;1 riding animal of, sheep; his arm was Śakti; appointed a commander of Indra's host to attack Tāraka;2 father of all the Apsarasa ladies;3 entered the harem of Śiva and Umā in the form of a parrot and drank of His vīrya;4 burnt with Kāma and reattained godhood.5
- 1) Matsya-purāṇa 61. 3-16; Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 11. 100, 112.
- 2) Matsya-purāṇa 148. 83; 289. 6.
- 3) Ib. 70. 21.
- 4) Ib. 158. 32.
- 5) Ib. 191. 112.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 5 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Agni (अग्नि, “fire”) refers to one of the devatāpañcaka (fivefold divinities), defined in the T...
Pīta (पीत, “yellow”) refers to one of the found original (natural) colors (varṇa), according to...
1a) Huta (हुत).—Of Dvayāmuṣyāyana gotra.** Matsya-purāṇa 196. 52.1b) A Sukha god.** Brahm...
Agnimantra (अग्निमन्त्र).—Before any dramatic performance (nāṭya) takes place, gods an...
Search found 22 books containing Hutashana or Hutāśana. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with H
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXXVI
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXVII
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section LVI
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXXIV
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CCCXIII
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the story of Mahā Lakṣmī
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section XXX
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXX
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section LVII
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Symptoms and Treatment of Epilepsy (Apasmāra)
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the rules of Vaiśvadeva
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the incarnation of Mahā Lakṣmī in the house of Kuśadhvaja
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section XCIX
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXV
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section LXVI
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 501-600
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 401-500
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section LXXXII
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Legend of Lakshmi
» Click here to see all 22 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.