Hoyyu: 1 definition
Hoyyu means something in . If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
1) [verb] to hit with the hand or a tool, weapon, etc. with an intention to hurt; to strike.
2) [verb] to divide into parts (with a cutting weapon); to sever; to cut.
3) [verb] to come into physical, contact with; to touch.
4) [verb] to pull at (the strings of a musical instrument) and release quickly with little jerking movements of the fingers, to produce a note or notes.
5) [verb] to play a percussion instrument by striking on the membrane.
6) [verb] (the heart, lungs, etc.) to beat strongly or fast; to palpitate.
7) [verb] to be hit; to receive a blow.
8) [verb] (an evil spirit) to possess and have control over a person.
9) [verb] to cut, carve, chisel, etc. into statues, idol, etc.
10) [verb] to destroy or demolish completely.
11) [verb] (math.) to find the product of two quantities by multiplying; to multiply.
12) [verb] to beat to a pulp, powder, etc.; to pound.
13) [verb] to agree to; to consent; to accept.
14) [verb] to engage in a fight; to wage a war against.
--- OR ---
1) [verb] to cause (a liquid) fall freely from above (not through a conduit or pipe).
2) [verb] (rain) to fall) to rain.
3) [verb] to sow seeds in a seedbed.
4) [verb] to make or shape in or on or as if in or on, a mould; to mould.
5) [verb] to scatter (water, sand, etc.) in drops or particles; to sprinkle.
6) [verb] (wind or current of air) to move from one place to another or over something; to blow.
7) [verb] to give something as a gift; to donate.
8) [verb] to produce a sound, a musical note or a series of notes.
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Ends with: Koluhoyyu.
No search results for Hoyyu; (plurals include: Hoyyus) in any book or story.