Gogon: 1 definition
Gogon means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Gogon in Philippines is the name of a plant defined with Imperata cylindrica in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Calamagrostis lagurus (L.) Koeler (among others).
2) Gogon is also identified with Imperata exaltata It has the synonym Saccharum exaltatum Roxb..
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Bulletin de la Société Botanique de France (1906)
· Systema Naturae, ed. 2 (1759)
· Icones et Descriptiones Plantarum, quae aut sponte … (1794)
· Fragmenta Florae Philippinae (1904)
· Naturalia monspeliensia. Série botanique. (1958)
· Flora Hongkongensis (1861)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Gogon, for example extract dosage, health benefits, pregnancy safety, chemical composition, diet and recipes, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Ends with: Salinggogon.
Search found 1 books and stories containing Gogon; (plurals include: Gogons). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles: