Gevendi, Gévèndi: 1 definition
Gevendi means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Gevendi in Gabon is the name of a plant defined with Ficus exasperata in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Ficus asperrima Roxb. (among others).
2) Gevendi is also identified with Ficus sycomorus It has the synonym Ficus gnaphalocarpa (Miq.) A. Rich. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (1990)
· Forest Flora and Forest Resources of Portuguese East Africa (1909)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (1983)
· Enumeratio Plantarum (1805)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2008)
· Botanische Jahrbücher für Systematik, Pflanzengeschichte und Pflanzengeographie (1894)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Gevendi, for example diet and recipes, health benefits, extract dosage, side effects, pregnancy safety, chemical composition, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Gevendi-vendi, Gevendivendi.
No search results for Gevendi, Gévèndi; (plurals include: Gevendis, Gévèndis) in any book or story.