Gedde, Geḍḍe: 1 definition
Gedde means something in . If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
1) [noun] a solid mass of no special shape, esp. the one small enough to be taken up in the hand; a lump.
2) [noun] a short, thickened, fleshy part of an underground stem, as a potato; a tuber.
3) [noun] a tumour a) a swelling on some part of the body; b) a mass of new tissue growth independent of its surrounding structures, having no physiological function either benign or malignant; a neoplasm.
4) [noun] a piece of land surrounded by water; an island.
5) [noun] any group of people having the same ancestry; family; clan; lineage.
6) [noun] land elevated above other land adjoining it; an upland.
7) [noun] the seat made for placing an idol in a chariot, temple car, etc.
8) [noun] the root of the ear.
9) [noun] a place of shelter or protection from danger, difficulty, etc.; a refuge.
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Ends with (+16): Akkigedde, Appayagedde, Bhumicakragedde, Curnagedde, Gamtukalugedde, Hamdigedde, Hamdigerakanagedde, Hamdiputtanagedde, Kaducurnagedde, Kadumenasinagedde, Kamdagedde, Karadikanninagedde, Karasigedde, Karcurigedde, Komberikuguvanagedde, Konnarigedde, Kosugedde, Kottigedde, Kottiyagedde, Kumudagedde.
Search found 2 books and stories containing Gedde, Geḍḍe; (plurals include: Geddes, Geḍḍes). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles: