Gandhaari: 1 definition
Gandhaari means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Gandhaari in India is the name of a plant defined with Aristolochia bracteolata in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Aristolochia benadiriana Fiori (among others).
2) Gandhaari is also identified with Bauhinia variegata It has the synonym Bauhinia variegata var. candida Voigt (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Caldasia (1946)
· Phytotherapy Research (1999)
· Phytomedicine (2003)
· Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1996)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2006)
· Biodivers. & Conserv. (2004)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Gandhaari, for example side effects, diet and recipes, chemical composition, health benefits, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Gandhaari gida.
Full-text: Gandhaari gida.
No search results for Gandhaari; (plurals include: Gandhaaris) in any book or story.