Gandaska: 1 definition
Gandaska means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
Gandaska in Nigeria is the name of a plant defined with Eragrostis tremula in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Poa multiflora Roxb., nom. illeg., non Poa multiflora Forssk. (among others).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Flora Indica; or descriptions … (1820)
· Encyclopédie Méthodique, Botanique (1791)
· Synopsis Plantarum Glumacearum (1854)
· Analecta botanica indica … (1851)
· Mémoires de l’Académie Impériale des Sciences de St.-Pétersbourg. Sixième Série. Sciences Mathématiques, Physiques et Naturelles (1830)
· Annuario del Reale Istituto Botanico di Roma (1903)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Gandaska, for example pregnancy safety, health benefits, diet and recipes, side effects, chemical composition, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Gandaska; (plurals include: Gandaskas) in any book or story.