Gahapati Vagga; 1 Definition(s)
Gahapati Vagga means something in Buddhism, Pali. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Theravada (major branch of Buddhism)
1. Gahapati Vagga - The sixth section of the Majjhima Nikaya. M.i.339-413.
2. Gahapati Vagga - The third section of the Atthaka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. It contains ten suttas, including the Buddhas praises of Ugga of Vesali, Ugga of Hatthigama, and Hatthaka Alavaka. A.iv.208-35.
3. Gahapati Vagga - The fifth chapter of the Nidana Samyutta. S.ii.68-80.
4. Gahapati Vagga - The thirteenth chapter of the Salayatana Samyutta. It contains conversations between various eminent householders on the one side, and the Buddha and the monks on the other. S.iv.109-24.Source: Pali Kanon: Pali Proper Names
Theravāda is a major branch of Buddhism having the the Pali canon (tipitaka) as their canonical literature, which includes the vinaya-pitaka (monastic rules), the sutta-pitaka (Buddhist sermons) and the abhidhamma-pitaka (philosophy and psychology).
Search found 434 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Gahapati, (gaha+pati. Vedic gṛhapati, where pati is still felt in its original meaning of “lord...
1) Vagga, 2 (adj. -nt.) (vi+agga, Sk. vyagra; opposed to samagga) dissociated, separated; inc...
Gahapatimahāsāla refers to: a householder of private means (cp. above 1 a) usually in combinati...
Anuttariya, (nt.) (abstr. fr. anuttara) preeminence, superiority, excellency; highest ideal, g...
Santhāra, (saṃ+thāra) spreading, covering, floor(ing) S. I, 170; Vin. II, 120 (3 kinds of floo...
1) Abhiññā, 2 ger. of abhijānāti. (Page 64)2) Abhiññā, 1 (f.) (fr. abhi + jñā, see jānāti). Rar...
Vaggavādaka refers to: taking somebody’s part Vin. III, 175. Note: vaggavādaka is a Pali compou...
Vaggabandha refers to: , in Instr. °ena group by group Mhvs 32, 11. Note: vaggabandha is a Pali...
Gahapataggi (Gahapati’aggi): the sacred fire to be maintained by a householder, interpreted by ...
Anathapindika Vagga - The second chapter of the Devaputta Samyutta of the Samyutta Nikaya conta...
The sixth chapter of the Dasaka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.v.92 112.
The seventh chapter of the Navaka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.iv.457-61.
The fourth chapter of the Duka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.i.61 9.
1. Cula Vagga - The second of the two volumes known as the two Khandhakas of the Vinaya Pitak...
Parayana Vagga The fifth and last division of the Sutta Nipata (SN.vs.976ff). It consists of...
Search found 3 books and stories containing Gahapati Vagga; (plurals include: Gahapati Vaggas). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
The Great Chronicle of Buddhas (by Ven. Mingun Sayadaw)
Brahmacariya-Pañcama Sīla < [Chapter 6 - On Pāramitā]
Part 1 - Discourse on the practice of Meditation < [Chapter 20 - The Six Princes achieved different Attainments]
Part 40 - The Venerable Ānanda’s Questions < [Chapter 40 - The Buddha Declared the Seven Factors of Non-Decline for Rulers]
Guide to Tipitaka (by U Ko Lay)
The Catusacca Dipani (by Mahathera Ledi Sayadaw)