Field pansy: 1 definition
Field pansy means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Field pansy in English is the name of a plant defined with Viola bicolor in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Viola kitaibeliana auct. non Schult. (among others).
2) Field pansy is also identified with Viola tricolor It has the synonym Viola tricolor var. hortensis DC..
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Taxon (1980)
· Prodromus Systematis Naturalis Regni Vegetabilis (1824)
· Caroli Linnæi … Systema plantarum Europae. (1785)
· Amer. Journal of Botany (1995)
· Species Plantarum (1753)
· Gilibert, Jean Emmanuel (1741–1814), (1741)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Field pansy, for example extract dosage, side effects, health benefits, chemical composition, diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Field pansy; (plurals include: Field pansies) in any book or story.