Effort, 3 Definition(s)
Effort means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)See Vigor.Source: Buddhist Door: Glossary
Search found 162 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Right Effort has four aspects. The first effort has to do with prevention: making an ef...
|Effort of Control|
effort of: s. padhāna.
Viriya, (nt.) (fr. vīra; cp. Vedic vīrya & vīria) lit. “state of a strong man, ” i.e. vigour, ...
Padhāna, (nt.) (fr. pa+dhā, cp. padahati) exertion, energetic effort, striving, concentration o...
Yoga (योग) refers to “application / contemplation of mind” and is one of the causes leading to ...
Deva (देव).—Description of a women of goddes (deva) type;—A woman who has delicate limbs, stead...
Magga, (cp. Epic Sk. mārga, fr. mṛg to track, trace) 1. a road (usually high road), way, foot-p...
Bhāvana (भावन, “infusing”).—One of the processes for manufacturing cosmetics and perfumes menti...
Saṅkhāra, (fr. saṃ+kṛ, not Vedic, but as saṃskāra Epic & Class. Sk. meaning “preparation” and “...
1) Kāma (काम, “passion”).—Almost all the psychological states (bhāva) proceed from “erotic pass...
Sacca, (adj.) (cp. Sk. satya) real, true D. I, 182; M. II, 169; III, 207; Dh. 408; nt. sacc...
Guṇa (गुण).—Vāmana speaks of ten guṇas of word and the same ten guṇas of sense viz. (ojas...
Karma (कर्म, “activity”) is one of the seven accepted categories of padārtha (&l...
There are also eightfold paths: 1) noble eightfold path (āryāṣṭāṅgamārga); 2) path...
Pāramitā, (f.) (pāramī+tā)=pāramī Nett 87. (Page 454)
Search found 1197 books containing Effort. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Different Aspects of Mindfulness > How To Apply Basic Right Effort
- · The Four Noble Truths > ... > Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
- · Mental Development in Daily Life > Right Effort
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Absence Of Effort
- · Gemstones of the Good Dhamma > Vayamavagga - Effort
- · Cetasikas > ... > Right Effort Of The Eightfold Path
- · Reading the Natural Mind > Constant Effort
- · Bodhinyana > ... > Constant Effort
- · Buddha, the Word > ... > Sixth Step
- · The Great Chariot > ... > The way we will be tormented within samsara, if we do not make an effort now
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Viriya
- · The Great Chariot > ... > The middle path of accumulation
- · The Mandukya Upanishad > ... > Verse 45
- · Vedānta-sūtras Part II > ... > III, 3, 28
- · Banner of the Arahants > ... > Necessary Virtues In An Applicant
- · Vipassana Meditation Course > ... > Balance
- · Vipassana Meditation Course > ... > Noting Mental States
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Chanda
- · The Mandukya Upanishad with Gaudapada’s Karika and Shankara’s Commentary > ... > Kārikā, verse 3.41
- · Vipassana Meditation > ... > Realization Of The Noble Truths
» Click here to see all 1197 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.