Dumdi, Duṃḍi, Dundi, Duṇḍi: 2 definitions
Dumdi means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Dundi in India is the name of a plant defined with Arundinella nepalensis in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Acratherum miliaceum Link (among others).
2) Dundi is also identified with Baccaurea courtallensis It has the synonym Pierardia macrostachya Wight & Arn. (etc.).
3) Dundi is also identified with Holarrhena pubescens It has the synonym Physetobasis macrocarpa Hassk. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology (1983)
· Flora Brasiliensis (1860)
· Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1996)
· The Botany of Captain Beechey’s Voyage (1837)
· Anales del Museo Nacional de Montevideo (1910)
· Fl. Siam. (1939)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Dundi, for example diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, health benefits, chemical composition, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
Languages of India and abroad
1) [noun] a plump woman.
2) [noun] a woman in gen.
--- OR ---
Duṃḍi (ದುಂಡಿ):—[noun] a piece of stone that is round in shape.
--- OR ---
Duṃḍi (ದುಂಡಿ):—[noun] = ದುಂಡಿಗ [dumdiga].
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Dumdiga, Dumdigu, Dumdije, Dumdisu.
Ends with: Amdadumdi, Amdhadumdi, Durdumdi, Durudumdi, Gardumdi, Heddumdi.
Full-text: Dundi birali, Brahma-dundi.
No search results for Dumdi, Duṃḍi, Dundi, Duṇḍi; (plurals include: Dumdis, Duṃḍis, Dundis, Duṇḍis) in any book or story.