Devanahuli, Dēvanahuḷi, Devana-huli, Dēvana-huḷi: 3 definitions
Devanahuli means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit, biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Ayurveda (science of life)
Devana-Huli in the Kannada language is the name of a plant identified with Garcinia morella (Gaertn.) Desr. from the Clusiaceae (Garcinia) family having the following synonyms: Garcinia gutta, Garcinia cambogioides. For the possible medicinal usage of devana-huli, you can check this page for potential sources and references, although be aware that any some or none of the side-effects may not be mentioned here, wether they be harmful or beneficial to health.
Devana-huli in the Kannada language is the name of a plant identified with Garcinia indica (Thouars) Choisy from the Clusiaceae (Garcinia) family having the following synonyms: Brindonia indica.
Āyurveda (आयुर्वेद, ayurveda) is a branch of Indian science dealing with medicine, herbalism, taxology, anatomy, surgery, alchemy and related topics. Traditional practice of Āyurveda in ancient India dates back to at least the first millenium BC. Literature is commonly written in Sanskrit using various poetic metres.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Devanahuli in India is the name of a plant defined with Garcinia morella in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Garcinia morella (Gaertn.) Desr. (among others).
2) Devanahuli is also identified with Garcinia xanthochymus It has the synonym Garcinia pictoria Buch.-Ham. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· The Flora of British India (1874)
· Journal of Cytology and Genetics (1980)
· Encyclopédie Méthodique, Botanique (1783)
· Journal of the Indian Botanical Society (1980)
· Plants of the Coast of Coromandel (1805)
· Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden
If you are looking for specific details regarding Devanahuli, for example health benefits, chemical composition, side effects, diet and recipes, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
Languages of India and abroad
Dēvanahuḷi (ದೇವನಹುಳಿ):—[noun] the tree Garcinia morella of Guttiferae family; Mysore gamboge.
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Partial matches: Huli, Devana.
Full-text: Devana huli.
No search results for Devanahuli, Dēvanahuḷi, Devana-huli, Dēvana-huḷi; (plurals include: Devanahulis, Dēvanahuḷis, hulis, huḷis) in any book or story.